Monday, March 23, 2009

Wedding!

The wedding was a lot of fun! One of my cousins has really turned her life around and was excited to see us and show us all of her accomplishments. It was neat seeing her doing well. I am not sure that she is a Christian, but she says that she believes in Jesus. Another one of my cousins flew in from arizona with her husband. It had been awhile since I had seen them. They are definitely Christians...they are adopting from China. They've been waiting for 3 years already. The agency is finally adopting from their month and year, but there is still a long ways to go. The third cousin that flew in was a sister of the bride, and she is currently living in colorado with the 3rd sister of the bride. They are both married, and both have new babies, but only one family got to come to the wedding. Angela, the 3rd sister, just found out that she is pregnant, but had complications this past week. So for her safety and the baby's safety she stayed in colorado. It was too early to tell if there was a miscarriage or not, so we've been praying for her.

We got to eat dinner with the groom's parents the night we flew in. They are such a sweet family and for sure Christians. We all loved them immediately. The wedding ceremony was beautiful. It was very spiritual and filled with Christ. I do not know for sure if any of my uncle's children are Christians. I don't think he is. It is such a wonder that twins can be so incredibly different. My dad was saved when he was 9 years old by his Aunt Mabel. All 3 siblings would go and visit her and her husband. How come the other 2 weren't saved around that time? My aunt accepted Christ much later in life- after her children were almost grown.

My parents came from such different dynamics. Without a doubt I can tell you that my mom's parents were Christians. I can only aspire to be as godly as my grandmother was. My dad's parents; however, i just don't know. My paternal grandmother probably is, but I don't know that she accepted Christ until later in life. They always went to church, I went with them once when I visited. I still remember because of the Lord's Supper. Growing up Baptist, I knew that I couldn't partake until I had accepted Christ as my Lord and Saviour. In the Methodist church, anyone can participate. I hadn't accepted Christ yet, but my grandpa told me it was ok, and so I took it. I felt so guilty for the longest time. It's funny what you remember.

Now that I am off of that tangent... I had fun for the most part! Getting to see most everyone was fun, and spending time with Kate was especially fun. I didn't take too many pictures because Allison was taking pictures with our dad's camera. Nowadays with facebook, it is just easier to have less cameras and more tagging on facebook. So, as soon as those are up, I will post some on here.

It's almost two in the morning, and I have a long day ahead of me. I have to go on rotations. Maybe I will get out a little early. I have a feelng that I will not be doing much (if anything at all) tomorrow night.

No comments: