Friday, October 10, 2008

It's funny what you think about when you are all alone with your thoughts.  I was taking a nice, relaxing bath when suddenly my thoughts turned to my aunt, and my grandparents that are deceased.  My aunt died before she was 50 of colon cancer, and I was trying to remember how old she was.  I still don't know.  I remember being picked up by my parents at camp and being told the news that she had passed.  We drove to Indiana for the funeral.  But that is not all of what I thought about.  I then thought about how strange it is that you never forget a tragedy or get over it.  I don't know why my thoughts turned to this, but they did.  I learned in the past year that my dad's mom miscarried her first baby.  My cousin Sarah was pregnant and had some of the symptoms that my grandma had with her baby.  She was very worried about Sarah.  (Sarah has a healthy baby girl now!) That was over 63 years ago, but my grandma still remembers everything.  That must be hard to think about or be reminded about.  Then I had a picture in my mind of my mom's dad holding his first great-granddaughter.  It was a clear picture- my granddaddy holding a dark haired, big brown eyed girl looking right at him and granddaddy looking right back and smiling.  I think I have such a clear image because I imagine Kate to look exactly like Allison did when she was a baby.  I have seen many pictures of Grandaddy holding Allison.  It makes me kind of sad that he couldn't be here to see her.  

I don't know where all these thoughts came from and why I had them all of the sudden.  I am not really sad over them- just random thoughts that came into mind.  

Allison update: If Kate doesn't come before the 23rd, then Allison will be induced on the 23rd.  So, the latest date for Kate is, well, the 23rd!  I am getting excited! I haven't been home since school started.  I won't get to see anyone besides my family, but that is alright.  I will see my friends in November, and then 3 weeks later for Christmas break!  

I am still doing pretty well in school.  I need to step it up in one class.  I am not doing too hot in there. But as for the rest of my classes all B's & A's! I am hoping to get an A in one of my 3 hour courses.  I made a 91 on the second test and an 89 on the first.  I also have some homework grades in there that are 100's so if I can keep it all up then I should get an A in the class.  Other than that I am shooting for at least all B's.  So far I am doing it, except for one class.  My parents are really proud of me, and that is a good feeling.  My dad has not been on my back as much this semester, but that is because I am doing better.  

There is this girl's night tonight at the BSM.  They were going to a bonfire for the homecoming game, and then sleeping over at the BSM.  I might go around 10 to see if they are there.  I didn't want to go to the bonfire, but the rest of the time sounds like fun.  Just hanging out and watching movies.  I haven't seen them in a long time (well I have seen them, but not spent quality time with them) because of school.  I don't really want to be alone tonight.  I am not sad or anything, but I am not in one of my recluse moods! 

My dad wanted to join the Sons of the Revolution, so he has been working on our genealogy.  He went back as far as he needed and farther.  We can trace our roots all the way back to the colonists' time.  The Bush family is one of the original colonists in Jamestown.  But that is a different story.  One of my ancestor's names is Neptune, named after the ship that brought his parents over from England.  Sounds like a good family name, right?! Just Kidding!  It just shows my family's sense of humor goes all the way back to the 1600's.  I didn't get the humor gene, but I know it when I see it.  

So, I guess that is all that has been going on lately.  Next week in Corpus there is a jazz festival going on.  I really want to go to that.  I love jazz! Hopefully I can find someone to go with me.  I can use it for my portfolio, which will be good.  There is always the possibility that Kate will come within the next week, which means I might not go to the jazz festival.  It probably depends on the day she arrives.  We'll see.

Anyway, take care!!! I hope everything is going better this week.  Let me know what's been going on.

Meredith
PS I will post some pics of my white coat ceremony somewhere! 

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Hey girl,

Glad to see you are hanging on to your humor! Your random thoughts made me chuckle. I can see your brain smoking now as it conjures up old memories and adds little embellishments to them to make them more interesting to remember. You have baby on the Brain!

I hope Kate comes soon. Sounds like you need a distraction.

Did you go to the sleepover? I wish Brittni would get involved in our BCM; she always finds excueses. Even some of the kids tried to pick her up and take her to stuff and she goes for like 5 minutes and then makes an excuse and goes home. I hate it, but what I am I to do?!?!?!

Sounds like you are keeping up nicely with your work. I am proud of you too! Don't you think your parents not being on your case has made it easier to stay focused and set on YOUR goals and dreams!

I hope you can hang in there, just a few more week until break. YEAH!!!!

We have fall break this week, and then Friday off next week. I need it badly. I don't like my job very well right now and I need a break to refocus. There is a bunch of petty stuff going on, nothing major, just petty and
I am tired of it!!!

Anyway, I can't wait to see your pics. I will run over and check them right now. Have a great weekend and thanks for posting..

BTW--things are better here. Calm at the highschool--just the way we like them!