Friday, June 12, 2009

UPDATES

Okay, so it's been a couple of weeks since I have posted. First things first. Last Sunday, he was a no show again. But I have decided that if fate is not putting us together, it's ok. I know that there are still some things that I have to work on in my life, and maybe this summer I am finally ready to do that.

The past 3 weeks have been wonderful!! I have been able to chill out, sleep late, hang out with friends and not worry about much. Today, I finally started working at CVS. I was ready to start. All my friends here work, and I was starting to get a little bored. The store that I am working at is going to be a lot slower than last year. They get a lot of business from the college campus and since most of them have gone home for the summer, it has slowed down!

I went to my eye doctor last week and discovered that I was allergic to the plastic in my contacts. He gave me some one-a-days to try out for a week. I put them in today for the first time, and so far I have not had any problems. The downside is that one contact costs $1. $60 a month is a lot of money. Hopefully insurance will pay for it. If these don't work they are going to give me some gas permeable ones that are specially made. If that fails, then I am stuck with glasses for the rest of my life.

What else?? Oh! One of my former roommates (Donielle) has moved to Dallas and is teaching here. We are going to go to a couple of Bible Studies together. One is on Sunday nights and she has been going to it and loves it. The other is on Tuesdays and it is a community wide event, but hosted by a local church in Dallas. A lot of single twenty-somethings go. I believe that no-show goes (at least occasionally). I have high hopes for this summer. I just hope it doesn't go by too fast.

I am also taking a class on line. It is super easy!!!! You just read the text that is posted and take a quiz over the material. You get two chances at the quiz. And after the first quiz is taken, you can see all the right answers. It is a veterinary course, and one of the requirements is to volunteer at a vet for a couple of hours. I am going to ask the place where we take our dogs. It is small vet, but I think they are friendly.

That is about it... hopefully my summer updates will stay upbeat and positive.

oh yeah! I have started listening to Earl's sermons online. I am listening to the series that he wen through earlier this year. I remember you had written something about how good they were. I have only gotten through the second one, but they are awesome! It just gets me that much more excited to come and visit in July. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Ok. seriously, that's all I've got!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

wow, you have been busy. sounds like things are going well though. i wonder where mr no show is. maybe vacation? i am glad donielle is down there. how fun it is to catch up with friends and have something to do together. i am glad you are listening to earl's sermons. he is so amazing. he just got home from alaska. can you believe that. i think he was there for 10 days. he had a great time and i am sure we will hear about the trip in his sermons for the next little bit. maybe even while you are here.

courtney leaves for kansas monday and connor is going to camp for the first time. he has never stayed anywhere without family except his friend lane's house. it is a good thing lane is going too.

lots going on this week, but i will try to blog and catch you up.

see you soon

cindi