Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

I literally did not sleep a wink last night. Right before I was going to go to bed I checked on my loan status and read that it had been cancelled. I couldn't do anything until the next morning, but that got me extremely anxious. I had called only 3-4 weeks ago and they said everything was golden. So mix that with a caffeinated drink earlier and excedrin for my headache, and sleeping in yesterday morning. I called the loan place this morning and they said that I needed to call the financial aid office to find out what the problem was. I waited on hold for 20 minutes for them to tell me that. So I called the financial aid office before 8 so no one answered. And I was off to class at 8 am.

We got there and one of the technology persons showed us how to navigate the new learning system...i think we could have figured that one out. Click on the class you want to view...yeah. The next class our teacher read off the slides and added some commentary about how old people like history. We were learning the history of poison. SOOOOO Boring. Then we had our psychiatry class for 2 hours straight. That's how it's going to be this semester. 4 days a week, 2 hours a day we have one of the core classes. Then, in 5 or 6 or 7 weeks, we have a final for the class and take the other core class for the remainder of the semester. Block schedule. Learn material one week, and take a test the next. Our first test is a week from tomorrow. AGGHHH. I also had my elective today, except for the fact that I missed it. I had a two hour lunch break and thought, I will sleep for only one hour. I set my alarms and everything. I got a call around 3;15 from my classmate asking if I was taking the class. Our teacher asked her. Great way to start off the year.

Oh, the financial aid office called and told me that there was a mix up with the promissory note. The college of pharmacy is under the Health Science Center, but our loans are going through the Baylor college of Dentistry (also under the HSC). They have the same code, but since the names don't match up, they have to call the school. I don't know. She said that they would hopefully be calling her back today. As long as it works out and I get my money sometime soon, I will be okay.

I am so stinking tired, but I need to start studying. I have to do well in this class.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

what a way to start your week. i hope your loan stuff has been worked out by now? don't suck up to the teacher to much, but the loan thing might be a better excuse than a nap! you must have been extremely tired to sleep through your alarm!

i guess you can find some silver lining in the fact that your psychiatry class is only half the semester. can you imagine doing that for a living. i think i would be crazy! pun intended!

keep me posted. miss you already.

cindi