When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain:It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, it is 4:00 am. I cannot sleep, and usually when I cannot sleep, I "daydream." or I guess in this case "night-dream?" Okay, so that's really not funny, but it is 4 am and I am sleep deprived. Cut me some slack!
Anyway, most of my daydreams involve me & how I am going to meet "the one" and how our love evolves. I will spare you the details, but all of the sudden, the refrain of the above hymn popped into my head. I decided that I needed to look up the rest of the hymn because I did not know any of the lyrics. 1 Copy and Paste later, I read them and sang them in my head.
BEAUTIFUL song. Just like the end of any other semester has been in pharmacy school, I am worried about a class. I have been praying about it, and not doing everything in my power to make sure that I succeed. Yes, it is important to pray about things that cause you worry, but it can't stop there. It's my responsibility to study and do whatever possible in my power.
So, as I have been worried about this class and my future, and during a sleepless night (when I am off in my own little world) the refrain pops into my head. And the rest of the song has given me peace and assurance from God.
How awesome is it that we get to serve a God so wonderful and great that He can calm your worries and fears in an instant with one little phrase and let you know that you have been forgiven, and that, "it is well with my soul." That is why memorizing Scripture is so important. Not only to guide us in our daily life, but to remind us in times of need that He is the One True God and that he is our Comforter.
Even now, just thinking about how amazing God is, I have this wonderful feeling inside that is joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you have been on my mind alot this past couple of days. i hope all is well with you (your soul and all)! how much longer until you get to go home?
i am still sad that we won't see you over break, but we totally understand. school has to come first. i can't believe you are almost through. i seems like it has been forever, i know it does for you too!
get some rest, it sounds like you need it. know that we are praying for you every day, and me well i am praying for you every hour!
love you mere,
momma a
Post a Comment