My sister has discovered a guy for me. She has begun to pray for him that he will be the one. Who is this guy, you are probably wondering. Let me tell you the story. I am "friends" with a maternal cousin on fb and a girl who has his last name tagged him in some pics. So I called my mom and asked if she knew anything about this, and she did not. Then, I had to share the juicy news with my sis. She isn't friends with him on fb, so I told her my password and let her get on my account. I told her about my rotations in Waco and she said she wasn't sure how far it was from Tyler.
I told her that my friend in school who is from that area said it was about 2-2.5 hours. This friend is a guy... Questions and probing commenced. He's a really nice guy, a strong Christian, and he is pretty fun to hang out with. Of course, since Al was already on my account she looked him up and immediately decided she wanted him to be "The One". Here are the reasons, in the order that they were spoken:
1. He's a Christian and when he is home he attends the same church she does (this one wasn't really spoken, more of an implication and tacitly understood)
2. He's cute (I'll admit to that one)
3. One of his statuses was "I'm ready for a holly, jolly Christmas" (Al is a Christmas FANATIC- even more than I am... if you can even imagine!)
4. He will probably move back to the Tyler area when he graduates, so that would be perfect in Al's mind.
5. She is impressed that he went back to school after being in the work field for a while (He's a few years older than me, and by that I mean around 12 years.)
6. He will be in Waco with me next year on rotations.
So those are the main reasons, and the ones that I can remember. So she told me she is going to start praying about it, and of course she is going to tell my mom about it. And, on top of that, she has made me promise her that I will start trying to look cute everyday at school.
I don't mind her praying about it, he's a great guy. I don't really have a crush on him or anything. If it happens, it happens. I just don't want to fix myself up for school so much. I am the kind of girl that puts spot concealer, powder and mascara on for the day and call it good. On special occasions I will do more than that. And, I pretty much wear the same pants to school everyday- they're really the only ones that fit anymore. So, it will be interesting to see what happens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it. Put Al on a mission and look what she comes up with! How cool. I am with her, lets pray about it and see what happens.
I miss you like crazy. I never have time to update my blog anymore and there has been so much going on, I need to try to get it down.
We seem to be on the mend from the flu. It was nasty and although we feel better, we are still exhausted. Its funny how run down you get and for how long!
It seems like things are going better for you. Are they? I hope so. I worry about you and an super glad you will be back closer to us next year! I can't wait!
Ok, I promise to call or post on my blog soon. I will try to do it this week!
Miss you, Cin
Post a Comment