I had my orientation yesterday. I left an hour and fifteen minutes early to make sure I would get there on time. The directions that I looked up said it should only take about 40 minutes. There was one part of the directions that was kind of confusing, so I ended up not going far enough. I stopped for directions twice and got the same answer. The directions had me taking an exit and then turning off the highway onto a street that would bring me to the street that the place was at. Turns out all I had to do was stay on the highway and take the exit for the street where I was supposed to be and the building was literally right off the highway. I passed it the at first because it was kind of hard to get to. It looked like a CVS pharmacy, but all it had on it was the address. Long story short, I got there a couple of minutes late. They hadn't started yet and I wasn't the only one late.
It was a long day...the first thing we did was stand up and introduce ourselves. There were people from all over the state and country, including 5 others from my school. We learned about CVS' motto, what their goals were, etc. That was all in the morning. They had lunch catered to us from Jason's Deli which was provided for by LifeScan (I think). They gave a little presentation about their blood glucose meters, the OneTouch. By the way, I have one of those meters! It has some cool features, but I don't play around with it as much as I should. They also have this little one that costs about $20. It is neat because it is small which if you are carrying a small purse or for guys, you can just slip it in your pocket, and you wouldn't have a big bulky pack with you. I might buy one on my own- and they come in cool colors! And they all take the same strips so I wouldn't have to buy different strips!
Enough of the Diabetes talk! It's amazing how exciting a person can get about one little thing... which reminds me I need to contact the pump people about my pump!
In the afternoon, the returning interns came and we played an icebreaker game. I usually do not like icebreaker games, but it was kind of fun! Then we were informed about the programs they used, so new things they were starting in patient care, and our benefits for working for CVS. All in all, it was a good day.
I need to go finish cleaning my room before I leave. I am going to dinner with Cam, and then we are going to watch the season finale of Lost! So excited!
Take care!
Mere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment