Monday, September 8, 2008

I don't Like Ike!

 I am asking everybody to pray that Ike does not hit Corpus Christi.  I have never been through a hurricane, and I really don't want to.  I am going to be prepared for it in case it does happen.  
It has been raining here already.  On my way home from Alice, I was caught in a downpour.  I reduced my speed to 55 in a 70 & my windshield wipers were going full blast.  I prayed that God would keep me safe, and at that very instant the rain let up to where I could put my wipers on the 2nd notch.  Really it was one step above a sprinkle.  It is pretty awesome how God can instantaneously answer prayers.  It doesn't have to be a prayer that will necessarily change the world, but He will still answer.  I think it is sometimes just to remind us that He is here & that he is all powerful, the One True God, and that He is in control of all things.  

On another note, the White Coat Ceremony went really well! My parents got to Kingsville around 10:45, and we immediately went to Alice to see the pharmacy and eat at the sandwich shop next door.  After that, we went back to Kingsville.  My parents dropped me off at the place where the ceremony was held so I could get positioned in the correct line.  Ok...we had to be there at 1:15 to be put in alphabetical order divided into 4 lines.  The ceremony was at 2.  After the ceremony, there was a reception.  My parents & I went to Corpus after.  We went to this giant indoor flea market that wasn't very good.  Then we went to dinner at a place called Snoopy's pier.  It was a seafood restaurant & I had a cheeseburger with fries!  We saw the movie traitor after that. It was pretty good.  Then my parents took me back to Kingsville, and they went back to Corpus.  They left at 5:30 am on Sunday.  

So that is about it.  My dad has the pics on his camera, so it might be awhile before I get those posted.  I will try to post next weekend.  I have a test I need to study for, so I better go.

Love y'all
Mere

No comments: