Wow! This week has flown by! Especially since last weekend was a 3 day weekend! I went home with a friend from pharmacy school. She lives in a small town called Knippa (the K is pronounced) near San Antonio. We got there Friday night, spent the night with her mom. We actually stayed in Uvalde on Friday which is where here mom lives. Uvalde is a bigger town about 10 miles away from Knippa. On Saturday, we went to a town called Brackettville. It is about 45 minutes away from Uvalde. It is in between San Antonio & Del Rio. My mom's first cousin lives there, and my mom gave me her number because she really wanted me to see her and where she lives. It is really cool. Elizabeth and her husband, Tony, live on an old Fort that has been converted to houses & apartments & hotels. The buildings are the original and everything. Elizabeth actually lives in the old band hall. The fort is where General Patton was stationed, as well as a few other famous people. John Wayne actually filmed the Alamo there. Elizabeth took us around to all the different places... there is a fresh spring water swimming pool, lots of trails to hike, HUGE oak trees, "Little Mexico", a golf course, and so much more! We drove around on a golf cart- it was fun! By the time we got back to Uvalde, it was dinner time. We ate at a little Mexican restaurant. When we were done eating, her boyfriend had arrived for the night. We went to see a movie and then went to her dad's house in Knippa. They have a cute little house. They have chickens, guineas, and other various animals. They also grow bananas, pomegranates, onions, garlic, and other foods. Sunday morning we went to her church which was tiny! Only 10 people make up the congregation. It was good, though. After church we went back to her dad's house and had pot roast, veggies, cornbread, and okra. YUMMY! She took me to her farm after lunch to show me their heffers & cows. She also took me to the Rio Frio to see where her grandmother grew up. They still own the land & house. The largest Oak Tree in Texas happens to be on their property. There is a historical marker & everything! It was pretty neat. We left monday morning to get back so we could have some time to study and unpack. The rest of this week has gone by like a whirlwind. I have my first test tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it. I am actually going to Jesse's right now to eat & then study. My parents are coming up tomorrow for my White Coat Ceremony on Saturday. I have to get ready for them! I am going shopping for a dress tomorrow after school. They have a Maurice's in Alice, which is about 30 minutes away! You have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to shop at Maurices. My whole outfit today at school was from there! anyway, I will try to put some pictures up of the weekend soon. They are all on Jesse's camera.
PS
Cindi,
I enjoyed looking at your pics and blogs! LOVE YOU!
-Mere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I am excited for your white coat ceremony. Please send some pics.
It sounds like you had quite an exciting weekend. I am glad you had so much fun. We went through San Antonio when we were on vacation. There was just tooooooo much traffic for me.
I am glad you liked the pictures. I put them up so you could see how much everyone had grown. Can you believe how big connor is? He has grown 4 - 6 inchies this summer!
Post a Comment