I just got back to Jourdanton from San Antonio about an hour ago. I went there for a pharmacy conference. It was really good. I went to 4 seminars and learned a lot. Two of the seminars were on Diabetes. They mostly talked about Type 2, but it was still interesting. The first was about various trials that were being conducted, the results, and about drugs. The second diabetes seminar was about HbA1C numbers, glucose levels, and how they correlate to complications. The third seminar was about becoming aware to the problem of the youth taking prescription and over the counter drugs to get high. It was scary because, while marijuana use and the other popular stuff is declining, abusing Rx drugs is rising. They have "pharming" parties where they will dump random drugs in a bowl that they have gotten from their parents or grandparents medicine cabinets and will take them. The fourth and final conference I went to was about the new drugs of 2008. That was pretty cool. I was able to follow along and I actually knew what the speaker was talking about!
Other fun features of the conference....
-Going to parties (ok, not the most fun for me) where I saw 3 beatiful ladies from SWOSU...
Jessica Collum, Megan Roberts & Rachel Ingram!
-Going to the exhibition fair where I got tons of free, cool stuff (including a regular sized tube of Eucerin lotion which is the lotion that I use and usually costs about 10 dollars)
-Eating dinner at an awesome restaurant that had lots of atmosphere and was paid for by one of my professors.
-Meeting new friends
-I can't believe that I am actually saying this but LEARNING!
Next year the meeting is going to be in D.C., and I am going! My dad said that if I make it that far in pharmacy school, then he would pay! WOOHOO!!
Now, I am in Jourdanton, which is 30 miles south of San Antone. Kind of convenient! I have a test on wednesday, but I am pretty tired, so I am not sure if I am going to try to study or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i am so glad you ran into the girls from here. i meant to call you and see if you were going, but time got away from me thursday and then, quite frankly, i just forgot!
sounds like you had a great time. i am excited for your trip next year. that would be worth the school for sure.
have a great week and don't study too much!
Post a Comment