Monday, August 13, 2007

First day of classes

I just started pharmacy school today. It really wasn't too bad. Our whole class of about 78 takes every class together. In fact, we stay in the same room all day and our teachers rotate in and out. Our teachers are nice and seem like they are really interested in us as students. I have been meeting more and more classmates, and they are really nice, too. We have been divided up into teams of 5 members and we will do various projects together throughout the year. The downside is all the studying that I am going to have to do. But, what can you expect from a graduate program? In fact, I am about to start hitting the books as soon as I am done here. Woohoo!

On another note, I tried out First Baptist Church yesterday in Kingsville. It was ok. The regular college campus has not started school yet, so there were no college students here. I went to the 20's class only to find myself surrounded by married couples. I am going to go back once school starts and try out the college class. In the meantime, I will be trying out other Baptist churches in the area. However, nothing will ever compare to First Baptist in Weatherford, OK. After attending that church for 4 years, I now have very high standards for the church I attend, but I know that I will never find another FBC Weatherford. During the offering yesterday, I had an amazing thought pop into my head. We are supposed to give the first of our fruit(money earned) to God, but shouldn't that apply to every aspect of our lives? I have made the decision to wake up early and have a quiet time first before I do anything else. That way I make sure that I am spending time with God everyday and therefore, nothing can get in my way later. This was an easy decision for me to do, but hard at the same time because I love my sleep. The next 4 years are going to be consumed with studying, so I need to do this in the morning or else I will put it off. My mom is doing this with me, so I have an accountability partner. We are also going to memorize one Bible verse a week. I have memorized two today, one is pretty simple, and the other one I have just refreshed in my mind.

Philippians 4:4
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice!"

Philippians 4:6
"Be anxious in nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

Philippians is a great book, especially chapter 4! I recommend that everyone should read it!
Well, that is my blurb for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at you, a seasoned "blogger" already. I am so proud of you!

Keep up the Good Work, here is a verse we keep handy around our house--Hebrews 12:1b--"and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us."

Run your race Meredith, we will be your loudest fans.

Momma A and the rest of your Weatherford family.