Blogging has become really addicting! I thought it would take me months before I wrote as much as I have. I have recently picked journaling up again. It is a great way for me to say what I am really thinking. Normally, I have a hard time expressing myself outloud. I just have to share a really cool feeling that I had yesterday. One of my classmates came up to me and asked me if I was a church goer. I said, yes and that I am currently trying out different Baptist churches. She doesn't go to church, but she wants to start going. So she and I are going to go to church together on Sunday. My first reaction to this was, "Wow! There must be something about me that is different from the others. But, then I realized that I have written Jesus is Lord under religious views on Facebook, and we are friends on facebook." However, I did not let that discourage me in any way, because I have never had someone approach me about this. I do not know what her status is, but obviously she is looking, and God has placed me in her life.
This situation got me thinking, usually people do not approach others when they do not know God. It is supposed to be the other way around. We are to preach the gospel to the nonbelievers. I am not good about witnessing to people. I think that God has laid it on my heart to start doing something at school, but how do you go about it? I have a hard time mentioning it to one of my very best friends. I love her so much, so shouldn't I say something to her? I have tried in the past by asking her directly. She said she was, but nothing in her lifestyle shows the body of Christ. I have been subtle about it, but it creates and awkward silence. I think that in a way it is easier to witness to people that you don't know because if you offend them it is no big deal. You won't be seeing that person often or even ever again. I wish I could be like Paul, and be brave about it. I think the first step is definitely facebook. I don't have a plan after that. Any ideas and suggestions would be helpful! I hope that there are people that happened to stumble onto this, but I don't know if that is possible. Anyway, enough for now!
"preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction."
2 Timothy 4:2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, I was trying to find an online version of the book Share Jesus without Fear, but I can't. That is the book Courtney used to help him with his witnessing. I am not comfortable coming right out and whitenessing with people, but he does a great job of it. He took the class at SJWF class at the church. However, I found this website http://www.myfaith.com/SJWF-notes.htm and I thought it be of use to you. I think facebook was your in, living your life will be your example, and God will take care of the rest!
"Succes isn't leading someone to Christ. Success is acting out your
Christian life, sharing the gospel, and trusting God for the results."
Keep up the good work. Cindi
Post a Comment