I was talking to my mom today, and I asked her what she and my dad were doing tonight. She said nothing, why? I told her that I was just curious. Then she admitted that she, my sis, and two other friends were going to a Billy Joel concert. I told her I was jealous. You know what her reply to me was? Pharmacy school is worth missing a concert.
WHAT DOES PHARMACY SCHOOL HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING????
My parents like to say this whenever I say something like, "Oh I wish I could be there, or I'm missing out or something like that." They seem to think that I want to drop out of pharmacy school because I am sad that I don't get to go to a birthday party or a family dinner or a concert. So, I finally told my mom that this was not the case. I don't want to drop out of school so I can be back in Dallas and not miss out. She got so defensive. "I'm going to hang up now because I can't handle you being mad at me." I hung up on her first. She made me mad. So then I called her back and she didn't answer, but I left a message on her voicemail reiterating what I said before, and saying something to the effect of you always get defensive when I try to express myself. This is why I never tell you guys things. Both my parents do it. I have to walk on eggshells around them.
I don't think I want to talk to them for the rest of the day or week. That sounds good. But I won't do that because I am a good child, and it would just be wrong. I can't think of the right word, but that's what it would be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Mer, I am sorry. You are a good kid. You are not "selfish", so you will talk to your parents again this week. I hope your package gets there soon. It is nothing major, just a lot of fun stuff that I hope will put a smile on your face.
You know what I think, I think you deserve to feel left out. You are missing out on a lot of neat stuff; however, it is for a short time and you WILL get to do some of those fun things after pharmacy school. But it is still okay to be sad that you missed them. If you need too, call me and tell me.
Just try to imagine all of the fun things you will get to do living on a pharmacists salary. You will be able to travel, go to plays, concerts, shopping, just about anything your heart desires. I bet you can even squeeze a trip to Weatherford in every now and then. I will take you to Alfredo's when you do!
Don't worry, you do only have a short time in pharmacy school. To not be sad about missing things would tell me something was wrong. You are normal, well maybe that was a stretch, but you know what I mean. Hang in there chica. You are almost through your first sememster. One down, how many to go? Love you bunches, Cindi
Post a Comment