Today was a lot of fun. The prayer walk went extremely well. We went to the center of campus and prayed all together, and then we could go off on our separate ways if we wanted. I was apprehensive to go off, so at first I stayed at the central location. Then towards the end, I had a thought to go to the pharmacy building and pray over it. I thought to myself that I would just stay where I was and pray for pharmacy there, but the voice kept telling me to go to the building. I was unsure of how much time we had left, so I asked the director and he said that I had time to go. When I came back nobody was there! I was only gone 5 minutes. Two people from our group were walking back to the meeting place at the same time, we met up, but then one went in another direction and the other person, Chad, and I went backt to the BSM together. Turns out, Mike, the director liked what I did, so everyone in our group went to their respective main buildings to pray. I thought that was really cool, because for some reason I didn't want to go in the first place. It's all God!
Anyway, we all left the BSM at 5 with one hour remaining to fast. That was a hard hour being home with food. At 6, I picked up two girls and we went to a housewarming party. Three guys from the BSM are moving in together and they needed to paint so pretty much everyone from the fast went to help paint, and the 3 guys grilled some fajitas for us. I painted for about 2 minutes!!! We got there and everyone was starving and the food wasn't ready yet, so Donna, Justin & I went to the grocery store and bought chips and crackers. That was a success! Then I ran back to the store because 3 boys in a house = no soap! After the painting and dinner, 5 of us girls went to Dairy Queen for about an hour and talked and had fun!
I can say that this weekend has been a success for many reasons. One, it was great fellowship. Two, it was a cool experience fasting and growing closer to the Lord. And three, I came out of my shell more.
I couldn't say everything over the phone about my conversation this morning because I was in a public place where people would know what I was talking about. I didn't feel like writing it out, I don't really know why, but I will go ahead and paraphrase part of the conversation that struck me as odd. He asked if I had siblings, and I said yes and elaborated, then I asked him the same question (which I'll be honest, I already knew the answer because of various reasons) and he said yes and elaborated. Here's what caught me off guard: after telling me about his older siblings he said and I have a younger sister who right now is the only one with prospects of getting married because she is the only one with a boyfriend. He then went into detail about his ideals of dating and marrying. He talked about it for a good 15 minutes at least. Tell me what you think about that, and be honest. I have all kinds of thoughts going through my head. It's like a little debate team in my brain, the two sides tell me opposing meanings. I wish I could get inside his head and know what he is thinking.
Here's a funny story: This one kid, Justin, is mentally handicapped, but he is at a high enough level to be able to take some college classes. He told me today that he was worried about his future wife but God told him not to worry about it. He also told me that God told him the kind of woman that he needed to marry was a big boned woman like me! Skinny people are to vain and they wouldn't be able to take care of him properly because he needs someone to help him stand up and get down stairs and that sort of thing. I really didn't know what to say to that, but I just told him that it probably true. I got nervous about where he was going with it, too. It ended up that I was like his big sister helping him out because I got him juice, and some other drinks and helped him get across the street safely. He asked me if he could call me his Big Sister Meredith. I said sure. I really did have to pray to God during that whole time because I am a little uncomfortable with that kind of situation. I shouldn't be because my dad has been teaching the handicapped Sunday School since I was in 5th grade or earlier. I think God was humbling me or something because it was hard to get off my high horse and serve him without reservation or complaining.
Definitely send me a pic of Brittni's friend! How did they meet? I am interested! I hope she has better luck than me!
Have a good Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I posted a huge reply to this post, but I see it is gone. I don't know what happened to it?? How did things go this week? I will have to call you in a day or two when we are fully healed and see how you are doing and tell you what I put in the post. It was about 1/2 a page long and I don't have the time to repost it. Love you girly, Cindi
Post a Comment