Monday, March 10, 2008

Back on the Rollercoaster!

Okay, so here is the latest. I don't have a test tomorrow, so I was able to go to Robert's Bible Study. I made sure before that he knew why I ordinarily can't come to his Monday night Bible Studies. Anyway, I walked into the BSM and he was sitting there with his brother and cousin, and Gary (my date last week). He complimented me on my hairstyle. (I didn't bother drying it last night, and so today it was all wavy.) The group as a whole engaged in small talk while waiting to start the study.

After the Bible Study ended, most of us hung around and hung out for awhile. I got a text message from Jesse, asking if she could borrow a movie from me. I replied saying that I would be leaving in a couple of minutes. This was after she called me twice, left a voicemail, and a text all in about 10 minutes. My phone was still on silent, so I didn't get any of it until I checked the time. As I was about to leave, this girl, Sunday asked if I wanted to read a poem she wrote today. I said ok, because she is a good writer, and I like to read her stuff. Turns out, she didn't have the poem with her, but she tried to recite it. I felt like I was listening to someone read a romance novel out loud. So I asked her if it was about someone in particular and she said yes & no. Then she told me that she kind of liked Robert, but that she had been praying about it and God had revealed to her that the he would get married after she was not around. She might be transferring next year, so maybe that is what it meant. She also said that she doesn't think she knows this person, but if she does then it will be after she leaves.

I have no idea why she decided to tell me all of this. I told her that I kind of knew what she meant. I was careful to guard my words, because she is much better friends with Robert than I am.

I wrote before that I had prayed that God would take the desire away from me if he and I were not meant to be. It has only been a couple of days, but I still like him. How long does it take for that prayer to be answered? Is it supposed to instantaneous? Or is it gradual?

Oh, another little rant. I randomly wrote earlier that Jesse had called, texted and whatnot a lot in a short amount of time. That irritates me. It probably shouldn't but it just makes me want to not respond until a lot later than normal. She is SO impatient. I called her when I was leaving the BSM for real, and explained that I got hung up, and she understood. I got back to my apartment and called her but she and her friend were already there at the bottom of the steps waiting for me. She had even called my roommate to see if she was there to let her in, just in case the movie she was going to borrow was in the livingroom. Well, it wasn't. It was in my room, and I thought for a minute that she would have gone into my room if she could have. My room is a mess right now, and I really don't like people going in it because I am embarrassed of it. I just haven't taken the time to clean it yet. She knows that I don't like anybody seeing it when it is messy. I'm sorry for ranting about this, but I have to get it out somewhere.

I am also sorry about writing these stupid blogs about boys. I am sure you have better things to do than read this. Although it is a good little soap opera or something.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

You know, if Pharmacy doesn't work out, writing for a Soap Opera would be a good second choice!!

I love reading about your life. It makes me feel a little closer to you since you are soooooooooo far away. I totally understand the impatience thing. I too want to wait an extra long time when someone does that to me. So, you are normal.

AS for the prayer, only God knows. However, I think he would take some of the draw away immediately. And furthermore, maybe the girl shared her poem just to be able to tell you what God had revealed to her. She will be gone when Robert gets married. You will be there, right?

I think Robert complimenting you so much is a big clue. He has some feelings. I think he might be trying to figure them out just like you are. Dating is a weird animal and sometimes it takes a while for everyone to get on the same page.

Hang in there, you are doing great and I love the blog!