Thursday, June 19, 2008

I need prayer!

Hey! If you can pray for me during the next week, I would appreciate it! I have one more week until I take the dreaded test! So, I just need to stay focused and really crack down on the books! I am starting to get nervous, anxious, worried, etc. about it.

As you know I have started working in a pharmacy. The first week was kind of boring and uninteresting because I was doing all the training by reading info on CD's that took me the whole work day to do for two days. This week, however, I got my certification, so now I can do pretty much everything a regular tech does. After this test, when (and not if) I pass I will get my intern license and then I can do anything a pharmacist does, just with some supervision. I have really loved working this week. I know this is what I am supposed to do. That is why I really need to pass. I want to show them that I am going to do well and be a great pharmacist. It is going to be a lot of hard work, but I know that I can do it.

So, in a nutshell that is why I need the prayer!

I need to remember a few things:
1. Everything I do should be to the glory of God. I have a hard time with this one. I think about it, but I give into things that I shouldn't. I know that God doesn't want me to sit around and be lazy-how is that giving Him any glory? I should be a hard worker who takes care of myself, and who gives everything to God.

2. My favorite verse: "Be anxious in nothing, but in everthing by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6

3. My second favorite verses: "Rejoice always, pray ceaselessly, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

This is cool: I wanted to make sure I got the verses and references right, but I left usual Bible in my dad's car. I always forget to get it when he is here, and always remember when he isn't. Anyway, I pulled a Bible from my desk drawer and opened to the verses. I know I had this Bible at college in Weatherford, but I can't remember the last time I used it or how long I used it before that. Those two Scriptures were underlined in my old Bible. I know I underlined them for a reason, but I don't know why, or when I did. Anyway, I had forgotten about the verses, because pretty much this year is when I memorized them and really came to love them. Funny how things work out!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

what day is the test?