Friday, December 12, 2008

I have been going through a really hard time lately.  I just found out that I have failed two classes this semester.  I still have one final to go and I have completely lost all motivation to study.  I don't know exactly what is going to happen, but I do know that I won't be kicked out of school.  I will probably be repeating some classes next semester which puts me graduating a year later.  I really don't mind doing that, but it is just facing my parents in the situation.  I have already put them through enough grief.  They know about me failing one class, but I haven't told them about the other.  

There are people in my class this year that have repeated the class.  I know that if they can do it and not be embarrassed, then so can I.  My sister has been helpful in all of this and encouraging.  I don't know how I am going to live with my parents over break.  I almost don't want to go home.  I have been trying to evaluate where I really started to slide downhill this semester because I started off doing really well in my classes.

I can't focus on the test that I have in 12 hours.  If I do well, then I will end up with a B in the class, but I don't know that I can focus enough to do it.  

I have also been evaluating my life in general.  I need to change almost everything in my life.  I make all these promises- to my parents, to myself, to God, and then I never follow through.  I ask God to help change me, but when the adversity comes at me, I revert back to my old ways instantly.  I don't put my faith in God.  I need to clarify that.  In some instances I do, but I am selective.  I have a bad attitude about things- I want change, but I won't do anything about it.  I make up excuses, and then I start to really believe them.  I think it is so hard to change because I have been sitting in these ways for so long.  I pray to God and ask Him to help change me- I plead with Him, but I don't do what is required of me.  

This entry is pretty disconnected, but I have just been writing whatever I think.  I have so much more on my mind, but it would be a really long entry & I really do need to get back to studying.  I think I will read my Bible before I start studying again.  Maybe God will give me some peace.  

Pray for me please.  Pray that I do change.  Pray for me as I wait to see what will happen with my school career, and how I am going to tell my parents when I do find out.  Pray for me about Christmas and the seven hour drive home with my dad.  

I understand where my parents are coming from.  I know that they have my best interest and they want me to be able to have this career.  I want it, too.  I know that with the economy the way it is, that pharmacy is a great field.  And it also is great for my disease state- good insurance and all that.  It would just help if they weren't so overbearing and more understanding.  I don't think that they understand how much pressure it puts on me.  One of the things they threw in my face was the cost of pharmacy school.  It will be X amount more money for me to be behind another year.  They have been helping with the financial aspect a little, but I also have loans.  I know that it will be more money to pay back, but that is not their concern.  I might try to get another loan so they don't have to help at all.  They complain a lot & it makes me feel bad if I need to ask for any money. 

2 comments:

Meredith said...

The professors that I have talked to about this situation have been really nice and encouraging, too. I was going to write that earlier, but my mind had moved on.

Cindi said...

Hey girl

I am sorry. I wish you were just a little closer so you could come hang out here and get a breather. I know many students who have had to repeat classes in Pharmacy school. It is okay. Yes, I know it costs more $$, but in the long run you will make the money back 100 fold. An education is going to be the answer to getting away and being on your own. Have faith in yourself. School is tough, pharmacy is 10 times tougher. Hang in there and know we are pryaing for you. I know the ride home will be long, but you can do it. Hold your own without being disrespectful. You can do it!!