Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving & more

Clinton, Allison with Kate
This is the same dress that Allison wore to her dedication
Me holding Kate
Mom, Kate & me
Christmas picture 2008


Hey! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I did! On Wednesday,  I arrived safely in Dallas.  My mom & I went to see Four Christmases and then ran some errands.  I went out to eat with my parents that night and then fell asleep fairy early (for me!) On Thursday, I woke up around 10 and got ready to eat some Thanksgiving lunch!! We ate at the country club with my brother, sis in law, niece, nephews & grandma.  After lunch, my mom & I headed out to her aunt's house to see family.  Her aunt has 3 new great-grandsons that we had never met before.  They were all together at her aunts house & we didn't know when that would happen again.  We ended up staying there until 9ish.  It was a lot of fun! On Friday, I woke up LATE!!! Two of my best friends & I went to this AMAZING nail place to get our nails done.  I can't go anywhere else now.  I can't wait to go back to Dallas & get my next pedi!  My dad & I picked up pizza that night for dinner because the kiddos spent the night with us.  That was fun! We played outside with a softball, Ashley & I fiddled on the piano, we played Skip-Bo & Scattergories.  I made up a story for Jackson & Ashley about a peanut butter sandwich because I told them a story once about a peanut butter sandwich- about 4 years ago.  Now, they won't stop talking about it & they keep asking me to tell them another story about the characters I made up.  On Saturday, mom & I headed out for Tyler to help get stuff ready for Kate's dedication & just to hang out & see Kate.  She is a doll! I held her for awhile and she smiled & cooed at me! I also got to rock her to sleep that night.  She didn't stay asleep very long, she wanted to be in the den with the girls! Sunday was Kate's baby dedication.  She was very good during the service.  Anne, Matt, the kids, Clinton's parents & sister all came out as well.  We had lunch afterwards and then it was time to head out for the airport.  I slept on the way back! 

Okay, here is an exciting story! In the airport, I was standing in line to get on the plane, when I looked over & I thought I saw this guy looking at me.  I just looked away, but thought that he was pretty cute.  He was sitting down in the waiting area because he was in the B section while I was in the A section.  I would glance over at him every so often to see if i was imagining it or not, and he would be looking down & then look back over in my direction.  The plane I take doesn't have assigned seating, so if I can, I sit where there are open seats around me- just in case a cute boy wants to sit next to me.  Well, I had the opportunity to do that so I did.  I kept a look out for this guy and he actually sat next to me on the plane.  That has never happened before.  He & the man on the other side of him started talking and I heard this cute guy say that he was in Med school and he wanted to be a surgeon.  That got my attention!  So, I asked him where he went to med school.  He goes to Baylor college of medicine in Houston.  Anyway, the whole rest of the flight he, the other man & I talked.  I was really proud of myself for even talking to him at all.  He was super cute...brown hair, blue eyes, dressed cute-Everything.  The only bad thing was that I didn't get his name & he didn't get mine.  I fell in love with him! And I will probably never see him again.  Que sera.  That's my story.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Love the story about the plane! I am proud of you for being so BOLD! Way to go Meredith.

The pics are adorable. We took a camera and didn't take one picture, can you believe that? Oh well. We did have fun and everyone behaved themselves.

How long to school is out? I know you are counting the days. I am, we have fourteen school days left!!!!!!

I did a little shopping over the break and got most of my Christmas done. I have a few small things to get and we still haven't decided what Santa is bringing the kiddos, but pretty much everything else is done. Yay me!

Have a great week, love your new blog look.