I have been listening to the KLOVE radio station a lot recently and they have an item called Word of the Day. Today's was in Isaiah, and it encouraged me. I then went to Proverbs 3:5-6 because it is always encouraging. That led me to Proverbs 6 because today is the 6th of December. My grandmother used to read a chapter in Proverbs each day, and that is how I got the idea. The first part of the chapter talked about laziness, which I am definitely lazy. So, that applied to my life and something that I need to change!
Then I prayed with Philippians 4:6 in mind and the A-C-T-S standard (Admiration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication). When I was done praying, I went to Jeremiah 29:7 because that is my purpose right now. I usually read verse 7, and 11-14. As I was reading verse 7, a whole new meaning came to me.
The verse says, "Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare."
Normally, I pray for Kingsville- it's pretty straightforward, right? The new meaning that came to me today was in the first half of the verse: "Seek the welfare of the city." I didn't realize it at the time, but when I wrote the letters against the play on the campus, that was seeking the welfare of the city. Nobody needs to be seeing that kind of play or hearing it or associating with it. My letter may not have made too much of a difference (if it made one at all) but I think that by me taking action, I was seeking the welfare of the city.
Also, when I ready Jeremiah 29:7, and discovered my purpose, I also came across Hebrews 10:35-36. It was on my Facebook page on the Bible verse of the day.
It reads, "Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised."
This verse took a whole new meaning with me as well during the time of the play. I needed confidence to do some of the things I did. For those of you who don't know me, I am not a confident person! I am shy- very, very shy! These verses just reinforced what I needed to do and gave me the strength to do it! I don't think that it is coincidence that these two passages have been a steadfast in my life during my time in Kingsville. I am sure that I will continue to come back to them and rely on them in the future.
God is awesome!!
My hope is that I continue to read the Word of God everyday, trust in Him, and find hope in Him. My days usually do go better when I have taken time to spend with Him.
1 comment:
girl, whether you know it or not, you are one wise chick! way to go! i admire your determination to seek what God would have for you as you are on mission in kingsville. keep up the good work. praying for you everyday, momma a
Post a Comment